Appropriate Use and Disclaimer
If you have accessed the City of Happy Valley Website (for purposes of this document, City of Happy Valley shall be written as ‘City’ and City of Happy Valley’s Website shall be written as ‘City Website’), you are using City’s computer system, which is provided to you as a public service. Government personnel and the general public may use this system to review and retrieve publicly available government information. Please be advised that anyone using this system purposefully consents to administrative monitoring at all times, and further, be advised that system administrators may provide evidence of possible criminal activity identified during such monitoring to appropriate law enforcement officials. If you do not wish to consent to monitoring, exit this system now. Your use of this City Website constitutes an agreement by you to use this Website only as outlined by the terms and conditions stated in this document.
Disclaimer of Liability
In preparation of this Website, an effort has been made to offer the most current, correct, and clearly expressed information as possible and/or available. However, inadvertent errors may occur. In particular, but without limitation, the City disclaims any responsibility for typographical errors and accuracy of the information that may be contained on the City Website. The City also reserves the right to make changes at any time without notice.
The documents on this server provide access to the World Wide Web. Because the City Website connects to the Internet, once you leave the City Website, the City cannot control the information you access. Each individual site has its own set of policies about what information is appropriate for public access. All City Websites are clearly identified as belonging to the City of Happy Valley. Further, the City is not responsible for any information or material not located on the City Website.
The information and data included on the City’s server has been compiled by the City from a variety of sources and are subject to change without notice. The City makes absolutely no warranties or representations regarding the quality, content, completeness, or adequacy of such information and data. Should the official printed publications of the City, or any situation thereof, differ from the text contained in this system, the official printed documents take precedence.
If misleading, inaccurate, or otherwise inappropriate information is brought to our attention, a reasonable effort will be made to revise or remove such information. Concerns should be sent to the webmaster
by clicking on the webmaster link here and at the bottom of each web page in this Website.
Disclaimer of Reliability
The City makes no representations or warranties regarding this Website; its condition, functionality, suitability for use, or that service will be uninterrupted or error-free.
Disclaimer of Damages
By using the Website, you assume all risks associated with the use of this Website, including any risk to your computer, software, or data that may have been damaged by any virus, software, or any other file that might be transmitted or activated via a City web page or your access to it. The City shall not be liable for any special, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, resulting from the use or misuse of the information contained in the City’s Website.
Disclaimer of Endorsement
Reference herein to any specific commercial products, processes, or services by trade name, trademark, manufacturer, or otherwise, does not necessarily constitute or imply its endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the City. The views and opinions of authors expressed herein do not necessarily state or reflect those of the City and shall not be used for advertising or product endorsement purposes.
Disclaimer of Information about Users
Information provided exclusively to the City by users of this Website may be subject to Oregon's Public Records Law and other state and federal laws governing records disclosure/confidentiality for public entities.
Use of Communications, Interactive Forums, or Electronic Mail
To the extent that this Website contains or may in the future contain messages, interactive or communication facilities involving the City and other users ("Forums"), users of this Website agree to use such forums only to send and receive messages and material that are proper and related to the particular forum. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that you will not:
- Defaming, abusing, harassing, stalking, threatening or otherwise violating the legal rights (including but not limited to rights of privacy and publicity) of others
- Publishing, posting, distributing, or disseminating any defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent, or unlawful material or information
- Uploading or downloading files that contain software or other material protected by intellectual property laws (or by rights of privacy or publicity) unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents
- Deleting any author attributions, legal notices or proprietary designations or labels in any file that is uploaded
- Falsifying the origin or source of any material contained in a file that is uploaded
- Knowingly introducing viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage, alter or destroy this Website or the operation of another's computer system, network, software, program, documentation or data contained therein
- Knowingly accessing or attempting to access or use the City’s computer system, computer network, or any part thereof, including this Website, for the purpose of devising or executing any scheme or artifice to defraud, obtain money, property or services by means of false or fraudulent pretenses, representations or promises, or committing theft, including, but not limited to theft of proprietary information.
As a user of this Website, you agree to send and receive electronic mail (as available), engage in conferences and chats, download and upload files, and otherwise use this Website only as permitted by the terms and conditions of this Appropriate Use Policy and Disclaimer document, any additional policies or procedures published in the Website, and any and all applicable law.
Through use of this Website, you acknowledge that chats, conferences, bulletin boards, discussion webs and any other such interactive or communications' forums hosted by this Website are public and not private communications. Further, you acknowledge that chats, posting conferences, discussion webs, and any and all other communications by other users of this Website are not endorsed by the City, and such communications shall not be considered to be reviewed, screened, or approved by the City of Happy Valley.